COVID-19 Specific questions

RTT Graphics (handdrawn enhanced) Yarn W
How does Rowan Tree Travel & Fibercraft determine whether it's safe to travel?
We've been monitoring national & international news, health and travel resources for many months now. Our analysis is based on travel advisories and pandemic statistics PLUS consideration of the logistical, emotional and financial consequences of documentation, testing, potential quarantines and airline policies regarding cancellations, fees and credits. After thoroughly researching all that will impact a tour, we make a GO or NO GO decision anywhere from 1 - 3 months prior to the departure date. Starting in the spring of 2020, we quickly surmised international travel was unsafe (and frankly, unwise) and have maintained that position regarding our trips through the end of this year (2021). However, we do see a light at the end of the tunnel! When we are able to give the green light for GO, it will be because international travel is once again a safe, relaxed, financially secure and completely engaging experience.

As of fall 2021, Rowan Tree Travel & Fibercraft judges domestic travel to be safe. If circumstances within the US change enough to reconsider, we will notify participants and potential travelers.
How will I know what's required by my destination country if I'm traveling while the pandemic is still a factor?
If you are registered for a tour with Rowan Tree Travel & Fibercraft, we will advise you within 1 month of your departure date as to the specific vaccination, testing and documentation requirements for the trip. We will also provide you with options and advice that make the logistics of meeting these requirements less stressful.

What if Rowan Tree Travel & Fibercraft cancels our trip because of COVID-19?
If circumstances for travel become untenable and we we have to cancel a trip, registered participants have several options. Each participant may choose from among the following choices:
  • If the trip has been rescheduled for a future date, you may have your registration and payments transferred to the new, rescheduled trip. In general, a rescheduling for 8 - 12 months later results in an overall cost increase of 5 - 8 % of the original tour cost. The increase is reflective of new quotes from our transportation, accommodation and artisan providers.
  • You may have your registration and payments transferred to any other Rowan Tree Travel & Fibercraft tour that is open for registration. We provide a list to everyone at the time of trip cancellation so you can consider potential destinations and dates.
  • You may choose to have Rowan Tree Travel & Fibercraft hold payments as a credit toward an as-yet-undecided future tour with us.
  • You may request and receive a full refund for the canceled trip.

Should I go ahead and sign up for a trip even though the pandemic does not seem finished?
Absolutely yes! Registering for a trip involves filling out our online form and sending in a deposit to hold your spot. If the trip cannot be a GO, we'll work with you to choose another that suits you. It's better to hold a spot on a tour in which you're interested than to wait and hope there will be an opening later. Once international travel is truly safe again, there will be a big demand! Our trips will fill quickly. Please don't miss out on the experience of our fiber-infused adventures out of worry that you will lose money. We're committed to taking care of our community of travelers. And that means no penalties for planning to travel with us.